Saturday 1 December 2007

Trying desperately to catch up

I read a wide variety of blogs. While I've been largely ignoring my own blog, I have been visiting others and thought that I'd give you an overview of how I spend my time on the Internet. While I visit more blogs than this, it's the best I can do with rambunctious kids in the background.

Mad Mad got off her death bed to let us know about the importance of a Tuna sandwich. She also discovered the whereabouts of the kid we all used to blame stuff on, when we were young. This kid didn't live at our house but always seem to be capable of household destruction. (or at least that's who we blamed) This kid is now all grown up and cleaning Mad Mad's house.

One of Mad's readers had a wardrobe malfunction at the police station. She was trying to get some information for a story.
In a deep husky voice "So Officer, how was your day?"

Georgie was hit but a truck, but fortunately is recovering with the aid of some gorgeous fibre. Tinkingbell gave away Australia. I was hoping to win, but it's probably best that she gave it to someone local. I learnt that Cathy has pain issues. Either that or she is willing to endure anything for the sake of knitting.

Jejune is in the middle of a move, having babies with attitude and is about to become famous. Stay tuned people. As well as Georgie, Kristen and Nancy have been posting some AB FAB recipes. Nancy's house has also been taken over by short winter type people. Mandie has recently been converted to blogism so we'll have to see what happens.

Poor Taph! I fear that she'll never get to wear hand knit socks ever again. I believe it's a family conspiracy and they are plotting against her. This lady also pumps out hats faster than you can say "Store wide sale, all regular priced yarn is 20% off" I am in awe of this woman.

Franklin recently posted a request for a Dolores body double. The poor gal needed a respite from her notoriety by creating a cunning ruse. I entered Isolde as a possible candidate in this contest. I'll let you know if she wins.

Here is how things are going with the commissions. The first is getting near the end. The sleeves are done and both the front an the back are knit up to the armholes. The tank top yarn has been swatched. The last is a Jo Sharp design that a client wants me to finish. She knit up to the armpits and is worried about messing up the top portion.



Lastly, someone recently found my blog by googling "Turkey sex scarf hidden video" Hmmm not sure how I feel about that.

Until next time
Yours in Yarn,
The Fibreholic

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Boy, I would worry about that method of finding your blog too. It is scarry what people can do on the internet.
You are soooo right, my house has been taken over by those short snow people and I really only got a fourth of my things out of the attic this year.

MadMad said...

Do you suppose they meant the country or the bird? Cuz that would make a difference, you know.

Kathy said...

I didn't realize that turkeys had sex scarves. One wonders why such a thing is necessary. To impress the female? To keep his...neck warm?

Denise said...

LOL, love the precis - just what I need! I've got about 200 posts to read, and counting....! I've discovered my computer amongst the chaos, though, so progress is being made :)

It's very very weird what people search for, isn't it? I wonder if they realise that we can TELL what they're typing in??!