Monday 26 November 2007

Friday Fantastic!

It was another early Christmas present, but well worth it. Friday night DH took me to see The Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Words cannot describe the mind blowing experience of seeing this group in person.

The first half of the show was one of their Christmas stories and the second half was less structured with songs from other albums. I still can't believe that the ticket price was as low as it was. Last year TSO played 2 Canadian dates, this year it is 5. They had not been to Ottawa before and with any luck they'll be back again.

Why did I like the show????

Was it the the hypnotic voice of the narrator???.....Yes
Was it the light show???....Yes
Was it the pyrotechnics???....Yes
Was it the laser light show???...Yes
Was it the songs and the various vocalists???...Yes
Was it the music???...Yes
Was it how they put everything together for a performance that blew my socks off???....YES!!!

DH let it slip that I'll be seeing a couple of their CDs in my stocking this year.

In other news...


I finished The Friday Night Knitting Club by sneaking off every now and then to read a chapter or two before I was discovered missing.

I was able to finished the boy's quilt on time by burning some midnight oil. And yes, it is another double sided quilt.




So now it's back to the grindstone with my knitting needles.

Until next time
Yours in Yarn,
The Fibreholic

6 comments:

m1k1 said...

I am so impressed with these double sided quilts. And that puppy fabric is just the best.
I've been accumulating fabrics but haven't got the nerve to start cutting. But a quilt won't make itself, so I'll just have to get in there, inspired by your work.

MadMad said...

This quilt came out awesome, too! Very, very cute!

Nancy said...

Your quilt is really nice. I love that orchestra. I cried at the end of that book. I like happy endings.

Kathy said...

Very cool quilt. I can't imagine what it must be like to have to house a wool stash and a fabric stash on the same property!

Kristen said...

Congrats on the finish! It is such a great feeling to complete a project! Sounds like you had a great time! Are you guys covered in snow over the lake too? :)

Mandie said...

Hi there! Thank you so much for your kind words and for visiting my blog. I know what you mean about ebing capable of making it on my own. I was on my own until about 8 months ago when we got married. I know I'll be fine but it's hard to get used to sleeping alone again....I get really cold! HA HA HA! By the way your quilt is really cute!

Mandie