It looks like Old Man Winter is finally here. This is the scene as I look outside of my garage. You can see my driveway, the crab apple tree on the right and our wooded area on the left.
Problem with this photo is what it doesn't show you. It doesn't show you the ice pellets coming down making the roads very slippery. So slippery, the buses were cancelled today for our area and this causes many problems.
1) Since the buses aren't running because of bad weather the kids are home today.
2) I picked up a copy of The Friday Night Knitting Club and was planning to read it today. I can't, because since the kids are home today, I can't seem to find a quite place in the house to read. I move to one room and they follow me there only to start an argument (this is a never ending cycle)
3) Since the kids are not being constantly occupied by school activities they assume there is nothing to do, so in comes the whining and complaining. I won't let them watch TV all day, so it seems I've taken away their only source of entertainment
4) The kids need mittens. They younger ones at least as the teen is too cool for warm hands. After digging in the winter box, I find all kinds of scarves and hats. I also find one pair of pink mittens and 6 single mittens. So in order for my kids not to get teased about wearing mismatched mittens I must, at great sacrifice, knit mittens. Did I already mention I hate knitting mittens????
5) Tomorrow is a PD day so there's no school tomorrow. This makes it a 4 day weekend for them....and for me!
Until next time
Yours in Yarn,