Monday 19 November 2007

To block or not to block

Or I could title this post...One Down and Two to Go!

Last night I finished The Challenge with a week to spare. Yeah for me! I celebrated last night by working on something non-commission related. It was wonderful. (snicker) Actually what I worked on was a quilt for a charity auction and a pair of socks for my sister for Christmas and these are both deadline pieces. So basically I just traded one kind of commitment stress for another.

The green sweater is well on it's way and the client wants it by Christmas. No problem. The tank top is at the end of the queue.

Blocking is a wonderful thing. Not only does it produce a wow factor with lace, it hides your mistakes and transforms your work into something beautiful. If you are ever wondering if you should block a sweater, look at this.







What a difference...n'est pas????? (note to self....pictures are better when taken in natural light.....but you get the idea)

Now that this sweater is finished, it's back to the grindstone. At least I've got some nice baby alpaca to fondle when the work load gets to me.

Until next time

Yours in Yarn,
The Fibreholic

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Congrats on the finish! That is just great! It looks wonderful! I know what you mean about trading deadlines! I haven't been able to post my projects as I have been working to finish my Christmas presents as well. :)

Kathy said...

The sweater looks lovely. I sure hope your comissioner appreciates what they're getting. Photo tip: If you have to take pictures in the house, get in the brightest place you've got, then turn the flash off. You'll have to hold the camera really steady, but the shadows make your cables, etc. stand out more.

Nancy said...

Wow, wonderful finish. Congratulations. I hope this person appreciates you and all your
hard work. I know how much went into this.

MadMad said...

Whoa! It's beautiful! I'm sure they'll be pleased!

TinkingBell said...

Gosh - gorgeous - I'm sure it will be appreciated!

Lisa said...

I hope they love it...if they don't love it then please have it sent to me! Seriously though - congratulations on finishing. I can't knit on demand at all but I guess that's why for me its a hobby.

BTW...I've forced my entire office to look at the cute bunny ears in the earlier post!