Thursday 2 August 2007

S.E.X in Australia

Well... I thought that it was time to let everyone know just what I did/spent my money on during my two weeks in Canberra. DH goes off to his conference and I went shopping. As you can see, or maybe not, the vero has already been started into a scarf.....but since I needed the needles for something else....the scarf has been put on the back burner. One day I may fess up like George and admit to all my WIPs. Let's just say....there are many!!!Okay now I've got this bus thing down so I do some sightseeing the next day. But there is another Siren of wool calling me...so what could I do?????You'll notice that I've already started my sleeve......no....I meant swatch......Changing the subject.....after this batch.....here's what I bought, on DH's suggestion. It comes with a strap or I could use the handle on the end as there are wheels underneath. The bag folds down quite nicely so I'll be able to lay it flat in our suitcase the next time we travel. I was lucky enough to be in Canberra for one of the SnB meets where I was kindly invited to a tour of the city where I saw some of the sites. I, of course, helped out the local economy.

Check out that cone of white stuff. I bought it at an Op-Shop in Manuka for $1.00...just because. Now picture me on Mother's Day with about 10 hours of broken sleep in the last 48 hours (not a pretty sight) doing the burn test (it passed), doing the bleach test (it passed)....then I turned the cone over and you'll never guess what I saw.....A label from Bendigo Woolen Mills. Needless to say, I didn't bother with the felting test. Not content with only ready to knit wool, I crashed a meeting of....I mean... I visited the Canberra Weaver's and Spinner's guild.Taph took me out to see the sites. There wasn't a lot of stash enhancement opportunities, but I wouldn't have missed the trip for the world. Here's what I bought....

The Alpaca will feel nice on my toes this winter. DH will appreciate the no more cold feet being warmed up against his legs at night. All good things must come to an end.....vacations and yarn shopping.....my last day in Canberra DH and I headed over to Lincraft to spend the last of our Aussie $$$$ (less what we'd need to buy lunch the next day).
And much to my delight......guess what arrived in the mail.......mind you it did arrive at the 11th hour....but who cares....it still came..... My Bendigo order.....and it's all destined for the dye pot.....I ask you...could life get any better than this....

Living the good life, Until next time

Yours in Yarn,

The Fibreholic










6 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow. Stash envy ahoy. And I definitely need to get the upgrade for my husband to get the version that enables yarn purchases. So lucky!

TinkingBell said...

I'm so envious - I bought so much yarn on holiday in Canberra - but I had to smuggle mine back - and I never confessed to the credit card bill!

Rebecca said...

Well I LIKE those kind of souvenirs! Nice haul!

Nicole said...

That's an impressive Souvenir stash, and I love those bright colors! It must have been fun to collect & keep hidden :-)

Denise said...

It was great to meet you - I'm impressed at the haul you managed to lug back with you! You little bewdy :)

MadMad said...

Whoa - no wonder you needed a new suitcase! Awesome loot!