Wednesday 23 May 2007

My Big BAAAAAAd Australian Adventure

Can you believe it??? I'm still pinching myself, wondering if it's true....No Wait....Here's my Visa bill....Yup...I actually went to Australia.

Here was my plan of action for my trip.

  1. Buy portable DVD player on Wednesday night and charge it up ready to go for my flight on Thursday.

The DVD player doesn't work. :( Crossing my fingers that my 13 year old doesn't try to "fix" it while I'm away.

2. Make sure that I have enough knitting and reading to get me through a 5 hour stop over in Chicago.....hmmmm...doesn't Oprah live here.....maybe I'll pop in for a visit.

Severe thunderstorm in Chicago. The woman in the lineup, in front of me, kept telling me that "my 8:00 am flight was cancelled....yours will be too!" For an entire HOUR. Restrain myself from doing damage to her cell phone.

3. Don't have to go to Chicago to get to Sydney, so I ask for another way to get there. They fly me to Toronto then to Vancouver.

Turns out I didn't need a DVD player as there are monitors on the back of the seats. They are programmed with a wide variety of movies and TV shows.

4. Missed out on the last 10 minutes or so of a movie. No worries, I'll just watch it when I get on the plane in Vancouver.

Didn't have the cool monitors for the rest of the journey. Now I'll have to pay to rent the thing to see who survives the big final battle.

5. The flight from Vancouver to Sydney stops in Hawaii. DH is there over night. I'll call him and play "Guess where I am right now?"

Don't know where he is staying. It is 23 degrees at midnight. Rethink any plans to visit Hawaii during their summer.

5a. Could get on the same flights as DH but the travel agent tells me of a way to save $800.

Choose flights different than DH. $800 can buy me lots of stuff!!!!!

6. Arrive in Sydney dead tired with a lot of knitting done.

I'm dead tired but still have a long way to go on Stripes.

Yours in Yarn,

The Fibreholic

No comments: