Monday 26 May 2008

My Cheatin' Heart

It's sad really, a grown woman with so little will power. Here I was, ready to commit to this yarn diet. I was going to be good. I was only going to knit from my stash. I was not going to buy anything. I need to make room in my storage area. I have a suitcase filled with yarn that I need to find a spot for so that I can fill it up once again on an upcoming trip.

I was doing so well. Since the yarn diet had begun, I had bought only 2-50g balls of sock wool. I have been told by some very wise knitters that sock yarn doesn't count, so I'm in the clear on that count.

So here I was, minding my own business, not even thinking about buying any more yarn when WHAM!!!!! It hit me like a tonne of bricks.




How could I resist? I'm only human after all. Malabrigo merino has got to be the softest thing on the planet right now. Eight skeins calling my name as if I were a sailor to be lured to my death.

However the word sale can be a powerful force and make me succumb to my weaknesses. I won't tell you how little I paid for this wool. Let's just say that if I didn't buy this yarn, I would have had a stern reprimand by the knitting police for passing up such a good deal.

That being said, my conscience is clear. Especially since I have actually started knitting something with it. If my calculations are correct, I have enough to make the Must Have Cardigan. This time it is working out beautifully.




Until next time
Yours in Yarn,
The Fibreholic

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh yes, you NEEDED that wonderful wool. Your sweater is going to be so beautiful. Great find.
Nancy

Lisa said...

I think we may have suffered from the same sale.

Noro Cash Iroha.

Just sayin'

Georgie said...

Diet rules say sale yarn doesnt count either!! And having recently become the proud owner of my first malabrigo, I would have crumbled too.

Whats important is that you get back on that horse. Even though Im absolutely positive it will buck you off many more times....teehee!

Knit My Grits said...

Uh, yeah... I too said "I won't buy anymore yarn until I churn out two stash sweaters..." That's until I came across 10 balls of Katrina at $2.99 a ball from original $9.99 a ball. I bought the beautiful green (lime-ish). I bought the pattern a year ago and it HAD to be the Katrina yarn for the Katrina sweater! Then there was the 4 skeins of sheeps wool from Upper Canada Village...