Thursday 20 March 2008

I thought that they would help.

As I'm sure you're all aware of the healing powers of knitting cables. All Hail!!!! to the restorative powers of cables. I figured what better way than to become a Yarn Harlot groupie and knit my way, with the Must Have Cardigan, back to health.

The yarn would have been perfect. It has been in my stash long enough to have aged nicely, just like a fine wine. The yarn actually came from an estate sale about 12 years ago so it's hard to say how long it's actually been stashed for.

Because I wanted this cold to be over and done with quickly, I dove in, head first, into the back. After a few rows I discovered that this yarn was not meant for cables. I can't blame the yarn though. I just can't think clearly with phlegm filled sinuses. I'm heart broken, but resign myself to frogging the little I've knit. After all, what's the point of all those lovely cables if you can't see them!!!!!!




Since I am anxious to use this yarn, I am knitting a plain raglan sweater. Looks like I'll be sick for a while longer.

Until next time
Yours in Yarn,
The Fibreholic

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That really is pretty yarn. It will be really nice as a plain sweater, and think how fast that will work up. LOL