Tuesday 1 September 2009

Does anyone know CPR?

I'm not an anal person. I can live with imperfections. My standards are not exceedingly high. The proof...just look at my housekeeping abilities. I'm just doing my kids a favour by helping them to boost their immune systems with small doses of germs throughout their childhood.

But how does soap scum in the shower and dog hair on the carpet relate to my knitting? While I can let most things slide......I do have high standards with my socks. My hard and fast rule, when it comes to socks, is that they must be perfectly identical.

So when it came time to finally do something with this sock yarn, I quickly realized that I would have to deal with any sock anxiety and go with the flow. This sock yarn was not going to align magically for me no matter how much I wanted it to.

Big deep breath..... I plunged in head first making sure that both socks were separate throughout the entire knitting time. I didn't need any reminders of what I was doing. Finally they were completed (almost as I still have to weave in the ends).


Much to my surprise, I'm still here. Despite the need for oxygen and the constant heart palpitations, the whole non matching socks experience didn't kill me. I am however, not ready to repeat it again, anytime soon as I wouldn't want to take any chances.
Until next time
Yours in Yarn,
The Fibreholic

3 comments:

Nancy said...

One question? Do you have enough yarn to make two more? I really think they are ok as they are, but I know how it is to see something in your knitting that doesn't make you happy. It is all you see.
Nancy

MadMad said...

They're pretty close, though, don't you think? And very cute!

kate said...

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who prefers match-y match-y socks!! Sister, I feel your pain!!! Non-matching socks or pooling dye lots have me keeping a paper bag nearby for deep breathing at all times!
Nicely done - they are lovely as non-identical twins!