Tuesday 3 March 2009

Head over Heels

I'm in love and that is all there is to it. At first I wasn't but then....little by little my resolve was broken down and now I am head over heels in love. But before I go any further let me remind you of this journey I've taken to get to this point off utter romantic bliss.

At first there was the brilliant colour change.
I was smitten but then I realized I was in way over my head and I backed off.



I decided to try again....something was pulling me back....I had an irresistible urge to try again.


But not even the thought of a sock held my heart for very long. Soon my attentions were elsewhere and I decided that it really wasn't love after all....merely something similar to adolescent infatuation.

I put the project on the shelf and promptly forgot about it. I'm only human and there is so much out there to catch my eye and seize my knitting senses. This yarn, however, was not ready to go down without a fight and be so easily put aside like some bad date. Eventually this poor lonely yarn cried out to me in such agony begging for another chance that I couldn't say no. This merino/silk blend tugged on my heart strings and I couldn't help myself.

I was hooked from the moment I started the stitch pattern. Such passion I now had for this sock yarn that I couldn't help myself. I worked exclusively on these socks and soon this yarn was what it was always meant to be....



My heart is yours....forever and ever......sigh.....so this is what true love feel like. Ahhhhh such peaceful contentment.

But wait a minute....what are these that have just fallen off my needles??? My..... aren't they lovely??? What do they call you???? Monkey Socks????? What a lovely name. If I may....could I just please slip my feet into you, even if only for a moment?



I should probably feel bad or guilty for this sock infidelity.....but I don't.....life is too short for such things and you should see the socks I have on the go right now.

Until next time
Yours in Yarn,
The Fibreholic

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I just wonder if you have all of these sock patterns memorized, or if you use patterns. Every pair you make is great. I have only made a couple pair and tried the two circular needle pattern and did not like it. I like the four needle.
That scarf is really pretty too.
Nancy

MadMad said...

Love, love, LOVE the socks! What is that cool non-Monkey pattern? Did you make it up yourself? Love the yarn, love the pattern! So pretty and they work great together!

TinkingBell said...

Gorgeous socks - so pretty

aaah infidelity - ain't it great?