Thursday 17 January 2008

A Discovery!

For the longest time, I've been telling anyone who would listen (or read my blog) that I can't make scarves. I CAN make them, I just don't have the patience for them. They go on and on and on. There is no end in sight. They are boring and just suck every ounce of creativity from you until you are bone dry.

Well it seems that I was mistaken with the scarf thing. If you look to your left, you will see 66 inches of diviness, 66 inches of absolute luxury, 66 inches worthy of sensual g-rated pleasure. And look... there is still yarn left to continue my pleasure-bent adventure.

I had to think about it for awhile. Why was this scarf just wizzing by? Why was it not getting boring? Why was I still in love with this project? Why had I not since given up and tucked the scarf to the bottom of the knitting bag. What was so different about this scarf?

As I was caressing the yarn, it dawned on me. It isn't scarves that I hate, I was just using the wrong yarn. What you see here is a total of 4 skeins of Pure Cashmere by Debbie Bliss that I found in a discount bin. Ahhhh Heavenly!!!

Until next time
Yours in Yarn,
The Fibreholic

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Lucky you, finding that yarn in a discount bin. That is a fun scarf, and I am happy you are liking it. I know what you mean, as I said in my blog, I am bored knitting the sweater I started. I am going to finish the back and leave it for awhile. I am always looking to the next project I will knit. Ahhhhhh.

Susan said...

That scarf looks like it will be so much fun to wear! Having fun while making it is just a bonus.

Kathy said...

Very nice. And of course that the yarn came out of a discount bin is a very big plus. It's the perfect color too, at least in my humble opinion.

TinkingBell said...

I hated scarves too - then last year I made 3 - all from lovely yarn! They're not so bad after all - and I love that one!

Lisa said...

Cheap luxury? And handmade? What's not to like? Its going to be even better to wear!