Wednesday 14 April 2010

The Crash of the Clash

I had such high hopes for this movie, Clash of the Titans. It had everything going for it. The movie had everything it needed: great actors, timeless story, good special effects and a gorgeous Aussie accent. But somehow when you put all those components together something happened. The movie fell short of something great. I really can't describe it.

Towards the end I really didn't care if Andromeda was saved or if Perseus made it out of Medusa's lair. It didn't matter to me if Hades defeated Zeus or not and if Argos was destroyed by the Kraken....oh well. Not even being in 3-D helped this movie especially since it cost more for admission.

I really wanted to see this movie because, and I'm not ashamed to admit it, I really like the 1981 version of Clash of the Titans with none other than Harry Hamlin. The acting was bad and over the top but at least I cared about the characters.

But what really ruined this movie for me, what really took the cake, what, to this day, makes my blood boil at the thought of wasting 106 minutes on this movie is.......I forgot to bring a knitting project with me to work on while I watched the movie.

Until next time
Yours in Yarn,
The Fibreholic

3 comments:

Yarndude said...

You know, I've read nothing but bad reviews about this movie, but I'm still excited to see it on Friday...

Kathy said...

Daughter is really wanting to see this movie, but I've not heard good reviews either. It's too bad Hollywood can't come up with new ideas anymore.

Kathy said...

P.S. You've forgotten to give us the report from down under!