Friday 5 March 2010

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

There are times in life when I lack the words to describe how I feel. This is one of those times.

Tomorrow I will embark on a journey of discovery. I am going through the air, across the country and over the ocean. I am going by myself. Bringing someone with me would only defeat the purpose of the trip.

I want see new lands and meet new people. I want to breathe in the ocean air from the New Zealand side of the Pacific and listen to the music of her people. I want to embrace Australia as my own and feel her earth under my feet.

To experience all that travel has to offer and hear the stories of the people is something I long to do. So tomorrow I start down the road, hopefully to a better understanding of the world around me and possible of myself.

Pictures will be taken and socks will be knit. Friendships will be renewed and created. Memories that last a lifetime will be made.

And if I'm very lucky, when I get home, I won't find that the kids have taken over the house with DH cowering in a corner.

Until next time
Yours in Yarn,
The Fibreholic

3 comments:

Kathy said...

You lucky, luck duck. I'm sure you'll have a great time. Make sure to say hello to Australia for me.

Susan said...

Bon voyage!!!

Yarndude said...

Safe travels!