Monday 18 May 2009

Have Sheep, must Travel


Me: Woolworth what are you doing in my suitcase?
WW: I bought a book.
Me: OK, but what are you doing in my suitcase?
WW: I bought a book!
Me: I understand, you bought a book. But why did you get my suitcase out and why are you sitting in it?
WW: I have to go see Denise.
Me: Denise?
WW: I want her to sign my book.

Me:(clarity has come upon me) Oh I see. You do know that Denise lives very far away.
WW: That's okay. I have to ask her something very important.
Me: Why don't you ask me, it would save you a very long journey.
WW: No, it's something that I can only ask her.
Me: OK, but you'll have to wait a bit before I can get you and the book to her for the question and the signing.
WW: I can wait.
Me: I'm glad that you are showing such patience.
WW: So next week then?
Me: Not next week or even next month.
WW: So when?
Me: Before you know it.
WW: When is that?
Me: Forget what I said about you having patience. Why are you so anxious to meet Denise?
WW: Denise? I don't want to meet Denise. I want her to introduce me to LuLu.
Me: Lulu? This has just been about meeting Lulu?
WW: Yup.
Me: Figures!

Until next time
Yours in Yarn,
The Fibreholic


3 comments:

Nancy said...

I think I am missing something. I don't know who LuLu is. LOl.
Very cute post.
Nancy

MadMad said...

Oh, my GOSH! You got it already! WHERE IS MINE!? That U.S. Postal Service! Ay! And I want to meet Lulu, too. Haven't seen her in awhile, though, come to think of it...

Denise said...

Oh you DEFINITELY have to come over and introduce WW to Lulu (my very naughty lamb puppet)!

Thank you for this great post, too :) Hope you're enjoying the book (and I've just put up an errata page, see my blog for the link).

xxoo