Saturday 18 October 2008

Has any one seen my free time?

Hi everyone

Yes it's me, the Fibreholic. I know it's been awhile and I know that my postings have been very sporadic as of late. But I do have a very good excuse.

There I was at the end of July, minding my own business, playing video games doing something very important when the teen tells me that there is a message on the phone. Since she wants to log back on I need to listen to the message to get the dial tone back. (Yes the Fibreholic is still living in the dark ages and has to put up with dial up)

Long story short, because you all know that I don't like to go on and on and drag out a story to its bitter end, I've been working full time for almost three months. I won't go into the gory details of this job, but it will do until I get a full time position traveling the world as a writer for the Lonely Planet publications.

So in the meantime, I now have the money to buy the fibre I want BUT I now lack the free time, I used to have, to enjoy it. So if anyone reading this, has any spare free time they don't know what to do with...just send it my way....PLEASE!

THE SOCK PATTERN

It seems that there was an interest in the pattern I used for my free sock yarn. So here it is:

The stitch pattern requires a multiple of 4 stitches.

Round 1, 3 and 5 - Knit
Round 2 and 4 - *K1, slip 3 with yarn in front (holding yarn loosely) repeat from *
Round 6 - *K2, insert needle under the long loose strands of 2 previous rounds and knit the next stitch, K3; repeat from * end K1 instead of K3.

NOW YOU WILL HAVE TO FUDGE A BIT AND SLIDE THE STITCHES AT THE BEGINNING OF THE ROUND OVER A BIT. Before Starting round 8 slide the first 2 stitches of the round over to the right hand needle and start the round.

Round 7, 9 AND 11- Knit
Round 8 and 10 - *K1, slip 3 with yarn in front (holding yarn loosely) repeat from *

Round 12 - *K2, insert needle under the long loose strands of 2 previous rounds and knit the next stitch, K3; repeat from * end K1 instead of K3.

REMEMBER THOSE 2 STITCHES YOU PUT ON THE RIGHT HAND NEEDLE? SLIDE THEM BACK TO THE LEFT HAND NEEDLE AND START ROUND 1.

This stitch pattern was developed for flat knitting. This is why I have you moving over the beginning of the round in the stitch pattern.

So is this clear as mud???? Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

Until next time
Yours in Yarn,
The Fibreholic

4 comments:

Nancy said...

First it is great to see you back to blogging. I check everyday to see if you have a new entry. I should have lots of free time to send you since I am retired, but I don't know how I had time to work. LOL. Hope you get some knitting done this weekend.
Nancy

Taphophile said...

I suspect that your free time and my free time are off partying and travelling to places exotic while you and I are stuck in our respective hemispheres caring for people and working.

TinkingBell said...

Great pattern and I love the socks - and whne I find the swine that stole all our free time (and my may and July) I'll stab him/her with DPNs

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!